Instructions for every upload:
-PLEASE DOWNLOAD IMAGES WITHIN 72 HOURS OF YOUR EMAIL WITH THE EDITING ASSIGNMENT
-PLEASE CONFIRM ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED ALL THE IMAGES SUCCESSFULLY. I can only keep images on the server for a limited time. Thank you!
FTP client recommendations?
There are many FTP clients available for Mac, PC and Linux users. Here are some of the more popular. (Use at your own risk.)
• Mac: http://www.panic.com/transmit/
• Mac/PC: http://filezilla-project.org/
• Mac/PC: Photo Mechanic: http://www.camerabits.com/site/PhotoMechanic.php (GREAT proofing software.. Sara proofs with this)
• Mac: http://cyberduck.ch/
• Mac: http://fetchsoftworks.com/
• PC: http://www.smartftp.com/
• PC: http://cuteftp.com/
How long will it take?
Images will upload as fast as the internet connection you are working from. Most associates upload a full wedding within 24 hours. You can use this link to test your internet connection speed and calculate upload time based on the provided results.
Can I receive email notifications if the transfer stops/stalls?
Oh yeah! There is a really awesome app called Growl. Essentially, Growl is a program that will tell you when an event has completed – successfully or not. For example, you might upload large blocks of files every night as you leave work. Growl can be configured to notify you of success or failure with a pop-up.