Congratulations! You have received a complimentary photo session from Mom’s The Word! Let’s get started. Below you’ll find all the information to start planning.
Your session includes:
– Up to 45 minutes with one subject (Additional subjects $40/each)
– Online proofing gallery
Available for purchase after the session:
1. How long is the session?
Your Maternity session is up to 45 minutes long.
2. When will my photos be ready?
Your online gallery of images selected are posted 4 weeks after the session. You will be able to select your favorite images from the gallery to download and have printed. Your gallery is active for 30 days.
3. What time will the shoot be? Where will we shoot?
We’ll want to assess this specifically for your shooting location. 🙂
MATERNITY SESSIONS: Typically OUTDOORS (See our favorite locations in Nor Cal and So Cal)
NEWBORN SESSIONS: Typically INDOORS. We find that newborns are most comfortable at a warm indoor environment. If we shoot outside will not be able to do any cute “naked baby” photos and we also take the risk that your newborn may not be happy in the elements!
The best indoor locations have large windows (or glass doors) with BRIGHT + INDIRECT sunlight.
We want to use the ambient light but do not want direct sunlight shining in the room at the time of the session. Take a look at your nursery/bedroom and when it’s brightest time of day without direct sun in the room and let us know.
3. What props should we use?
– Newborn clothing (shoes/onesies)
– Floral crown
– Handwritten signs (Coming soon, Baby’s name)
– Letter blocks
– Floral frame around baby (see examples here)
– Stuffed animals
– Family heirlooms
– Nostalgic items from your hometown/favorite teams
– Swaddle blankets
– Favorite hobby items (musical instruments, movie memorabilia)
Many couples have a professional hair and makeup appointment before the shoot!
The most flattering lighting is soft and indirect from big windows in these rooms!
Add a comment...